We are happy to provide you with drinking water. You’ll find large purified water jugs in the kitchens and bedrooms that our staff will refill. Please notify them if you run out. Do not drink the tap water. We highly recommend using the purified water to brush your teeth.
When eating uncooked fruits and vegetables, cilantro etc. we recommend using microdyn or another antibacterial solution (you can purchase this at MEGA). Use the purified water to soak the veggies with the solution for the designated time and rinse again with purified water.
Living with the Local Wildlife
We are lucky to share this beautiful beach with local wildlife. While you may never encounter any of these creatures, here are a few tips to prevent any injuries while enjoying your stay.
1. When entering and exiting the water shuffle your feet to warn the stingrays.
2. Shake your shoes out before putting them on to ensure there are no scorpions inside.
3. Shake out towels when they have been drying outside.
4. Close doors and windows at dusk to keep the bugs and mosquitos outside.
5. Use bug spray when outside in the evening to prevent mosquito bites.
6. Drive carefully on the smaller roads as there are cows, donkeys and iguanas that may be crossing.
7. There are many loose dogs that hang around the beach that will be happy to follow you onto the property. Please do not feed them and help us keep them off of the property. We love dogs but they bring fleas and will dig through the casitas garbages.
8. Geckos are our friends, as are the bats, they both chow down on mosquitos and other pests.